Training to become an all-round talent in the hotel
Have you finished school and would you like to work as a real all-rounder? We recommend an apprenticeship to become a hotel assistant. This way, you can obtain comprehensive and diverse knowledge about all hotel departments, and you will have the best career opportunities for the future.
What does a hotel assistant actually do?
- At the reception desk or as a member of the service staff, you will welcome the guests and ensure that they feel comfortable from the start.
- You will also carry out administrative tasks, such as managing the hotel cash register and sorting guest correspondence.
- As a member of the service team, you will learn how to serve food and drinks.
- In the housekeeping team, you will help give our guests an amazing first impression.
- You will hold sales talks, plan events and implement them.
- During your training, you will also get to look behind the scenes in the accounting and inventory management departments.
Are you curious? Have a look at our job vacancies, see where we need apprentices and send us your application!
An apprenticeship that matches your taste
Do you not only like eating, but also preparing delicious meals? Then turn your hobby into a career and conquer the kitchen at our hotels. How does it work? By training to become a chef.
What can you expect when training to become a chef?
- You will learn what a saucier/poissonnier, an entremetier or a pâtissier does.
- You will learn how to prepare and arrange dishes according to the recipe.
- You will learn technical kitchen processes, such as various cooking methods.
- You will plan menu courses and present dishes.
- You will gain knowledge of hygiene requirements & food safety controls.
- You will also gain an insight into areas such as cost controlling, inventory management and kitchen organisation in your workplace.
Are you curious? On our jobs page you will find our open vacancies for apprentices. We look forward to receiving your application!
The perfect apprenticeship for people with organisational talent who enjoy juggling with figures.
Are commercial and organisational activities exactly your thing? Does serving food and drinks please you as much as calculating prices? Then a hotel management assistant apprenticeship is just the thing for you.
What is a hotel management assistant apprenticeship like precisely?
- At reception, you will welcome guests and get to know the booking system.
- You will learn how to prepare and serve delicious dishes.
- You will hold sales talks and advise customers.
- You will be able to handle correspondence with suppliers and business partners blindfolded.
- You will create invoices, carry out payment transactions and analyse key figures.
- You will also gain an insight into personnel planning and plan personnel processes.
Are you curious? We only offer hotel management assistant training in Düsseldorf and Frankfurt. Find out about our vacancies on our jobs page.
A building block in the Lindner talent management strategy!
“Dual studies offers an excellent platform to combine learning and practice. We can recognise and foster qualified employees early on.”
As part of the dual studies programme, Lindner has been successfully collaborating for several years with international study and vocational academy ISBA in Freiburg and international vocational academy IBA, which is represented at various study locations all across Germany. Both universities act as a practice partner for the International Business Management (B.A.) course of study, with a focus on hotel management.
- Qualification: Stage-recognised bachelor degree International Business Management (B.A.)
- Focus: hotel management
- Flexible start: 1 July, 1 October and 1 January
- Once or twice a week, or theory and practice in a three-month cycle (three-month model only available in Freiburg)
- Duration: six semesters
- Admission requirements: Secondary school leaving certificate (individual assessment for university entrance qualification, recognised nationwide), admission interview at iba, practical contract with one of the Lindner Hotels & Resorts sites.
- Additional requirements: High motivation and willingness to perform, average marks of at least 3.0, profile-specific and relevant internships or comparable experience, which must be proven by references or certificates. (With a focus on hotel management, for example, at an internship of at least two weeks at a hotel etc. is expected), immediate reaction to invitations to attend interviews with partner companies.
You will be assured a job!
After passing their final exams, our apprentices and dual students are kept on by our hotel group. Personal or conduct-related reasons are a different story, but that goes without saying, doesn’t it? Otherwise, a job in the hotel industry after your training is secured! We will try to grant your wishes regarding the hotel site, but if this is not possible, you will simply get to know another Lindner hotel and come back to your training organisation - or you will go on a Lindner tour of Europe. Anything is possible!
A L!FT for your career at Lindner Hotels & Resorts!
Just get out there, see something new and meet new people. That is exactly what we are offering you with our hotel exchange programme L!FT - “Lindner interkulturelles Förder- & Trainingsprogramm” (Lindner intercultural promotion and training programme). A great opportunity for you to get to know another hotel during your apprenticeship or your studies. An unforgettable time is waiting for you. Friendships with colleagues from other Lindner Hotels develop automatically. You will gain valuable experience that will have a positive effect on your further development. And you will have the opportunity to actively contribute to operations with lots of creativity and new suggestions.
Our apprentice event for your career planning!
A whole day devoted solely to your career: Our “Day to Stay” is our event for all apprentices and dual students in their final year. An entire day spent on your development and individual career opportunities at Lindner Hotels & Resorts. After all, you are the managers of tomorrow. The perfect end to your training.
- “THE” trainee event for apprentices and dual students in their 3rd year.
- Dialogue with the board and management of Lindner Hotels AG
- Familiarise yourself with the career and development opportunities, as well as the vacant positions in the various specialist areas
- Career coaching: Opportunity for profiling and subsequent feedback discussion with career advice from an external coach
Would you like to gain an insight into Day to Stay? Look at our video.